If you think you or someone you know is being abused, or neglected it is important to tell someone you trust. This could be a friend, a teacher, a social worker, a doctor, a police officer or someone else that you trust. Ask them to help you report it and remember that you understand abuse or neglect is never your fault.

It is important to remember that you must not ignore abuse or neglect. You must report it. If you are not sure what to do you can always seek advice.

To report a crime, telephone the police:

  • In an emergency telephone 999
  • If the person is not in immediate danger telephone 101

To report a safeguarding concern:

Other concerns:

  • If you have concerns about a child in Cumbria, telephone 0333 2401727.